Saturday, October 4, 2014

Tamagotchi Friends Review + Thank You

Wow, I haven't made a blog post in a really long time.
Any way, before I write this review, I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to my 1000 and counting page views here and the 308 views on my Rainbow Loom Beach Day for Barbie tutorial on YouTube.
I never thought my blog could ever become as popular as it has. Every view counts, I really mean that! :D
Now for the review.

Last week a got a Tamagotchi Friends from Toys R Us. I was super excited to get it because I don't think I've gotten a new one since 2008, or whenever the v5 was released. XD
So much kawaii!
The box is extremely adorable, showing art of the characters and such.

Bandai also added a front flap, reminding us all of the first Tamagotchi release.
There are some highly enhanced screenshots in there, making the screen seem white when it really isn't...
It doesn't even come with a battery, which is why I'm glad that I had some. Instead of the pricey button-cell batteries of the original, it takes 2 AAAs. I found it a little hard to force the batteries into it, but all is well now.
No keyring?
GOOD.
I'm glad that Tamagotchis no longer have keyrings. Sure, that might have been convenient for carrying your precious pet with you wherever you go, but I was always worried about the keyring scratching the screen.

The new TFs are also 2x thicker than the Connections.
Also about 1.5x bigger in circumference. The screw for the battery compartment may not be clearly seen, but on the bottom right-hand side of my TF, you can kind of see that there is a small bump right around where the screw goes.
...
...
Oh, sorry. I had to feed my Tamagotchi.
Where was I?
Oh, yeah.

The Tamagotchi Friends seems much brighter due to the fact that it has a grayscale instead of a permanent background like the older Tamagotchis.
The TF uses NFC connection instead of Infrared.
The Tamagotchi itself is super fun. It has 5 games, two of which you can unlock by doing certain things. There's also a big evolution map. I'm already on generation 2 now with Nokobotchi. I'm sad because that's not a perfect care Tamagotchi! :(
In the first generation I had Knightchi, a perfect care adult. Oh well, I guess your tama can't always be perfect.
There are 6 cool colors to choose from in the USA, and there were 6 different ones in Japan and Europe. While I am happy with the cute star pattern one, there were 3 different animal print ones released in Japan and Europe. Really?!?!

Pink + Hearts + Leopard = Awesomeness.
This is one of the "International only" Tamagotchis with animal print. There's also a colorful leopard and dalmatian.

I highly recommend this device! Get your 90s on and go buy the newest iteration of Tamagotchi! :D 
In other news, I made Anna this somewhat strange outfit out of duct tape and hair accessories. 
Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment